Kennyy_MELTRICK on Twitters

And You might wanna c my history of... Eng twits: (http://twilog.org/Kennyy_MELTRICK) Jpn twits: (http://twilog.org/Kenny_MELTRICK) & @MELTRICK: (http://twilog.org/MELTRICK)

Wednesday, March 9, 2011

LiveReport「Marnie Stern & Tera Melos tour! O.A. Drummers」

  Hello there,


  I'm writing  a quick live report with my terrible pics of Marnie Stern & Tera Melos w/ Boston HC band Drummers at Middle East Upstairs on Sunday, March 6th 2011. (as you seee in its title though.) (It was just 10 Bucks and sold out finally while.... probably O.A. Drummers' playing.)


(Yeah,, I always realize myself that I should be done to write live report down on my blog here immediately each times.)


  Well, I felt like parentally being so glad to be noticed this live schedule on MidEast page just one day ago before the show night...


  By 9:15 pm, near side by the bands' goods table. To be set in there, was clearly kinda difficult that I perfectly had't expected before came out to the place, upstairs. And P.A. guy called members of Drummers to start their performance by me. I first thought Drummers' drummer was a cap guy singer/guitarist of Pretty&Nice(Stereogum interview 2009 link) whom I have seen a couple of times before but haven't  never talked with, so but probably not him though.
  I think they're an especial fantastic band in all Boston bands. Well I think so too of Tera Melos though for Bostonian's music, through my empirical opinion. Because of their musical styles and their genres, Math Rock or like Post-Rock/Post-Hard Core.  So that I didn't expect there such much bunch of people were going to be this show as well as I felt Middle East has not so closed the show up in the internet music world. Keeping high tone vocalization with contrary calmed bass playing, bolded drumming and totally stabile but variable sounds of guitar playing. I was knocked out as I expected when I first tried listened their tunes on their bandcamp web site (Drummers)  . I love them much more I wanted to see like them a band in Boston.


★Drummers (fr. Boston) / "Planes" (MV)

Drummers - "Planes" from Bobby Landry on Vimeo.
*Actually you can grab this on their Self-titled album for donation on the bandcamp from above their link!


  And on this tour, probably main person Marnie Stern came out on the stage simply with a drummer and an Indian? bass player. And just its beginning was my most favorite tune of her "Transformer."

★Marnie Stern / "Transformer" (MV)




  She's amazingly keeping tapping her guitar on her tunes mostly.  Like for to support her playful works, bass player and drummer were seemed keeping attaching on her melodies. And just played the starting tune, she and her bassist got start a "tour talk" and also later on these talks, perhaps their tour manager Susan? was birthday then so they (also Tera Meros did it later for her) celebrated her from up on stage.
Yeap, like her music her speaks must be kinda funny but I think it's very friendly meaningful for audience where be then there her show as well.
  And musically if it'd be like resolute, her music might be really simple touch. But it's for her own talent.
Although if so it's simple, her pop sense would get/give listeners to understand or just receive her songs into listeners' brain easily and directly. So that I am one of the listeners who got/gave from/to her music.
And I am happy to see her in Boston as well as she would be playing here so enjoyably, she wouldn't excuse to play anything. (And her performance would be apparently a highlight on the entire show.)


  After the entire show,  as I was waiting and thinking to go, I purchased her "DEMO TAPE."

(You can get it online as well as maybe every her show. And listen here.)


A tune from the tape:


★Marnie Stern / "Patterns Of A Diamond Ceiling"
Live at The Cellar Door (03/36th/2009)



 After the show, a bunch of people made lines to purchase and get a small chat to them, and me too.








Then Marnie answered my question as "Have you been in Japan?," She said "No, never." But additionally and simply said "Soon!" said Marnie. I am so glad that she answered so. And when I got home and got listening to her "DEMO" I also got find her community in Japanese SNS site, says there was a plan to come to Japan for her first tour in Japan and for a BOROFESTA fest in Kyoto in 2009 but was canceled unfortunately. Therefore the answer she said was very hopeful one for Japanese fans.

Photos of Marnie Stern:
Marnie Stern

 Finally Tera Melos came on their stage. Honestly around twenty percent of people might leave the tiny floor space of Middle East Upstairs after Marnie's performance, but that should be foolish, I think. Because probably we never be able to see like Post Rock/Math Rock bands (as I might mention).
So as the result rarely the tix was sold out on the time of the event that Tera Meros tweeted then. Seemed that guy audiences (as I say it "male") had increased in the space instead. And fascinated. Everything the look of space because of Tera Melos' tensioning of its concentrated performance.

Look like these: 

Tera Melos                          
SN361115SN361116




*The set of these live shots by my terrible takes are here on my fickers: You can even see autographies of Tera Melos & Marnie's on this show poster on the flicker page.




"Tera's ElectPrints"
SN361122


Thanxx,


Kennyy_MELTRICK


1st Edited on [(Tue) March/8th/2011] thru
2nd Edited/Posted on [(Wed) March/9th/2011]
Finally on [(Mon) March/14th/2011]


~~~~


【Today's BGM selection】


I dug the record "Horizon" recently for 1 buck



★Carpenters / "Only Yesterday" (1985)










1 comment:

  1. Hey, Bobby from Drummers here. That was Jeremy from Pretty & Nice, you weren't imagining things. And actually I played drums on the last Pretty & Nice record as well (and the Drummers record, too). Glad you enjoyed the show. I couldn't find an email on here but feel free to get in touch that way sometime if you'd like instead of these comments.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...