Kennyy_MELTRICK on Twitters

And You might wanna c my history of... Eng twits: (http://twilog.org/Kennyy_MELTRICK) Jpn twits: (http://twilog.org/Kenny_MELTRICK) & @MELTRICK: (http://twilog.org/MELTRICK)

Friday, June 10, 2011

Un): LiveReport「Other Lives in the other life.」

This was one of shows what I really wanted to see for couple years.

Maybe when I first came in Boston non, when I first moved to Boston I bought one magazine, FILTER Mag. Then they were featured on one article. And only one female member of the band raid and like attached her elbow on the other male members' knee pillow on a photo of the article.

I still really remember that article image.

After a while, I have dug an album called "Flight of the Flynn" by a band called Kunek.

Here you can buy on Amazon.com:

I should really write this album review, I think. Because this album must be one of the best album that I've ever found by chance in my life. And then, after the entire show I could talk to Other Lives members and they first said "Oh! That's really old school!" (which is my favorite words musical people say,) when I tried to get their autograph and the setlist.


 ~~


It's even setlist of their NY show which is two days later I saw them in Boston.
Other Lives Concert Setlist at Mercury Lounge, New York on June 7, 2011 | setlist.fm


10 songs they played at Mercury Lounge in NY.  I am not sure same as in Boston. After the show I saw, I asked directly to main vocalist Jesse about the setlist but he said they just remember it and he also said that he could write down it on, but yeah it's not good offer to the member after the show ... haha. But I remember they played Kunek song for first song at encore, I guess and believe.

Here details;
Other Lives 2nd full length Album "Tamer Animal" tour in Boston
10 Bucks.

(It's even very dark though, yo can see the OL poster here.)
IMG_0703


Acts:
  1. St.Helena (fr.Boston)
  2. Sarah Rabdau & Self-Employed Assassins (fr. Boston)
  3. Other Lives (ex-Kunek, fr. STILLWATER, Oklahoma, Un)
Place:
@BrightonMusicHall, in Allston, MA

Date:
Started by 9pm, (Mon) June 10th. 2011

My Shoot Pics of the Show:
from the below link;
(http://www.flickr.com/photos/meltricknoiz/sets/72157626927808728/)


My Thoughts & Reviews:

First I remember I've read an review of St.Helena's latest album "Modern Tan" on Weekly Dig news paper before. 


The Weekly Dig Boston Review of St.Helena / "Modern Tan" (2011) Posted on February 15th, 2011
You can probably grab some free DL songs from the album via their bandcamp, the link you can find on the review, and/or you can also grab the limited physical cd at their show which is I recommend.

So that I was really excited to see the band.
At this show they were four members to play as St.Helena. When I arrive the show, very few people were there to see them like just ten or quoter past nine pm. But I felt comfortable that it's Monday starting week the night and the people not so even drinking a lot and they apparently and nicely concentrated to listen to the music in the hall.

St Helena seemed playing their tunes very relaxingly.
I think their male vocalist as guitar player at this show didn't even take the vocal part. But it seems little wasted their character of sounds I think, because for now writing this review, I found they've gotta their songs with male & female following the vocal melodies by each on some of their tracks. Well, however so, it's like their faces (or I might just miss first song which might be sung by male singer/guitarist Partick?).

I got a setlist by St.Helena appears:
  1. 8 Months  (*New Song?)
  2. California  (fr. 2011 AL"Modern Tan")
  3. Blue & The Red  (fr. 2011 AL"Modern Tan")
  4. Modern Tan  (fr. 2011 AL"Modern Tan")
  5. Forget About You  (fr. 2011 AL"Modern Tan")
  6. Alibi  (*New Song?)
  7. Legionnaire  (fr. 2011 AL"Modern Tan")
Singer and Keyboards Megan said 5th or 6th song was a new song. But I'm not sure it's just from the latest album or just brand new song, but it's surely nice song.

Pics of St.Helena:
St.Helena (IMG_0692)

IMG_0693


And new artist from Boston for me too next.

Sara Rabdau & Self-Employed Assassins.
She little reminded me ...The Dresden Dolls' Amanda. But I think different and I don't think it's good idea to be competitive for her. She's having her very original world in her music. Plus the band she's having is amazing. Two synths


Sarah's Pics:
IMG_0695

IMG_0698




Other Lives.


Totally on the show, I've even never seen such small numbers of people seeing show at Brighton Music Hall before, BUT the performances and the response/atmosphere by the audience were the best ever in BMH short history, I can swear.







1st Edited and Posted on [(Thu) June/9th/2011]


~~~


【Today's BGM selection】

★Lady Lamb the Beekeeper / "Hallelujah"
(The Explosion Series: Session Two: cover of Leonard Cohen)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...